What Covid-19 (coronavirus) is all about?
Covid-19 is a dreadful virus disease caused by a member of the coronavirus family. According to the World Health Organization, coronaviruses are a large family of viruses found in both animals and humans
Covid 19 vaccine
No vaccine is currently available to stop covid-19. below you find what you need to know about the transmission of covid-19 virus.
- According to the U.S centers for disease control and prevention (CDC), the virus can be transmitted via close contact with an infected person who cough or sneezes, spreading droplets that you can inhale.
- You can also contact the disease through touching of surfaces where viruses have landed and then touching your nose, eyes and mouth.
The initial symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough and shortness of breath that develop between two to 14 days after exposure. Most cases (an estimated 80 percent) are mild. Some people have no symptoms after picking up the virus but can still transmit it to others.
according to the World Health Organization, symptoms of the virus do not normally match up exactly with those of a common cold. With COVID-19, aches and pains, fever and a dry cough are most prominent.
How to prevent Covid-19
1. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water . Research has shown that this can reduce respiratory infection in general population by 16 to 21 percent.
According to CDC, hand washing is vital under the following condition
- Before eating, during eating and after food preparation.
- Before and after treatment of cut or injuries.
- After using the toilet.
- After nose blowing, cough or sneezing
- After touching an animal.
In preventing Covid-19, it is advice you make use of hand sanitizers frequently.
Avoid sick people
Remain indoors during sick period
Wear a face mask if you are sick
Avoid touching your face
Avoid shaking hands.